We had a wonderful day with Chris and Melissa. A part of their tour requirements is “solitude”, meaning we saw no one else on our hike. Doing yoga on those strong massive rocks with an expansive view of the desert and mountains in the distance was memorable. Petroglyphs were a bonus. They are a geologist/botanist combo which opened up easy and interesting conversations. Highly recommended.
5-days of yoga and hiking in Utah’s red rock country
Explore Capitol Reef National Park
Relax and reconnect to nature
This retreat offers the best of both worlds – experience wilderness and solitude from the comfort of upscale accommodations. Surrender to the wisdom of nature and rest your spirit. Take your yoga practice into the wilderness on our Capitol Reef National Park Yoga and Hiking Retreat. Allow your practice and breath to follow the rhythms of nature in unparalleled wilderness with beauty beyond imagination.
$1599 per person: Cathedral Room with Queen Beds
$1799 per person: Cathedral Room with a King Bed
$1999 per person: Cathedral Room with a Queen Bed
$2199 per person: Cathedral Room with a King Bed
Capitol Reef National Park (Torrey, Utah)
May 20-24, 2020
October 7-11, 2020
Custom dates available for groups of 4 or more people
Suitable for beginners
- Hiking: Easy hiking on well maintained trails
- Canyoneering: Easy hiking and scrambling using hands and feet for balance and support A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs
- Distances: Hike up to 2 miles
- Surfaces: Easy terrain
- Elevation Change: Little to none. Short sections of uphill travel.
- Hiking: Easy to moderate hiking
- Canyoneering: Easy to moderate hiking and scrambling using hands and feet for balance and support. A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs.
- Distances: Hike up to 3 miles
- Surfaces: Flat or rolling terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 600 ft/day
- Hiking: Moderate, off-trail hiking on rugged trails
- Canyoneering: Moderate, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope is required for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs
- Distances: Hike up to 6 miles
- Surfaces: Rolling or mountainous terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 1200 ft/day
- Hiking: Difficult, off-trail hiking on rugged, technical terrain
- Canyoneering: Difficult, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope is required for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs.
- Distances: Hike up to 10 miles
- Surfaces: Rugged, exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 3000 ft/day
- Hiking: Very difficult, off-trail hiking on rugged, technical terrain
- Canyoneering: Very difficult, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs. May require advanced canyoneering techniques including guided rappels, multi-pitch rappels, complex ropework difficult pothole escapes, and advanced problem-solving and anchor building.
- Distances: Hike up to 14 miles
- Surfaces: Extremely rugged, exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 4000 ft/day
- Expect to be around other hikers and travelers most of the time.
- Expect to have some solitude, as much as an hour at a time without seeing other groups.
- Expect several hours of solitude at a time.
- Expect to see no more than one or two groups on your trip.
- Expect to see no other hikers or travelers on your trip.
- Four nights of accommodations at the newly remodeled Red Sands Hotel
- Delicious, healthy meals from dinner on Wednesday to lunch on Sunday
- One group dinner out at a local restaurant
- Yoga practices every day in the wilderness
- Restorative yoga classes every evening in a yoga studio
- Two guided day hikes in Capitol Reef National Park
- One guided canyoneering trip (all technical gear provided)
- Additional evening activities such as learning about essential oils, stargazing, etc.
- Local experienced guides
- Yoga mats and props (bolster, block, strap)
- Yoga in the Wild retreat gift bag
- Transportation to retreat location
- Travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal items
- Spa treatments at on-site spa
- Gratuity for your guide
What to bring
A full packing list will be sent upon booking.
What Lies Ahead of You
Daily yoga practices, both active and restorative
Daily hiking and canyoneering adventures in off the beaten path locations
Experienced, knowledgeable and professional guides
Upscale accomodations for relaxing getaway
Take a Glimpse at Your Journey
Everyday we will begin with a grounding meditation practice to mentally and physically prepare ourselves for the day ahead. After breakfast, we will venture off to explore the fascinating landforms of Capitol Reef National Park as well as the surrounding area. On one of the days, you will have the option to try canyoneering at one of the world’s premier canyoneering destinations. Each day, we will incorporate a yoga practice into our explorations which provides participants the opportunity to practice in a setting that many describe as profoundly spiritual.
Following dinner, you have the option of an evening activity that highlights an aspect of the wilderness and mindful living. Afterwards, deepen your practice and relax your body through restorative yoga classes and long soaks in the hot tub. This yoga and hiking retreat offers the ideal combination of spectacular sights and soul-soothing rejuvenation.
7 AM: Meditation
7:30 AM: Breakfast
8:30 AM: Hiking and yoga outdoors
4:00 PM: Return to Red Sands Hotel
5:00 PM: Dinner
6:00 PM: Evening activity
7:45-8:45 PM: Restorative yoga
Other Important Information
Located three miles from Capitol Reef National Park, the Red Sands Hotel offers recently renovated and well-appointed rooms, a pool and hot tub, outdoor patios with fire pits, and an on-site restaurant and spa. Room amenities include plush pillow-top beds, a bathtub for taking relaxing baths, mini-fridge, and wireless internet. The hotel is located in the town of Torrey, Utah, a designated International Dark Sky community guaranteeing incredible stargazing at night.
Reservations and Cancellation Policy
- A reservation requires a deposit of $500.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the participant cancels their booking.
- The remainder of the payment is due 60 days before the retreat start date.
- Cancellations made 30 to 60 days before the retreat start date will be refunded 50%.
- Cancellations made 0 to 30 days before the retreat start date will be refunded 25%.
- We highly recommend that participants purchase travel insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
No! Beginners are more than welcome.
Wear clothes you can move in and won’t tear easily. Layers are also key! For your feet, comfortable medium-weight hiking shoes or boots work best. You definitely need closed-toed shoes (no Chacos!) that you’ve worn before and broken in well.
Entrance fees and snacks are included in the price.
Have more questions? Head to our FAQ page to read more!
I had another phenomenal 2-day trip. This time I got to bring some of my friends and family on their first canyoneering trip and they had a blast. Christopher is a wonderful guide and teacher. I’ve learned so much from him on my trips with Get in the Wild. Exploring the canyons with him is one of my favorite Utah experiences, and I’ve learned so much about canyoneering from him. One of our days, Shane guided us. He did a wonderful job too teaching people through their first canyon and demonstrating safe desert hiking practices. I highly recommend traveling with Get in the Wild.
Our guide Logan was great! He was patient with all if us as we scrambled, climbed, repelled. The area is gorgeous, what an amazing experience for our family! Thank you and highly recommend!