Get in the Wild is committed to providing you with an extraordinary wilderness adventure. Our number one priority on all trips and courses is safety. We never compromise safety and do everything possible to ensure you have the safest and most enjoyable trip possible. Our experienced guides manage a variety of significant weather and route related hazards, but they cannot eliminate them. They draw from their wealth of experience and training to make sure you have the safest trip possible.
Trip Plans & Itinerary
Get in the Wild trip plans and itineraries are subject to change based on weather, terrain, route conditions, permit availability and a variety of additional factors. While we strive to maintain all listed plans and itineraries, we reserve the right to change plans as necessary to ensure that all guests receive the safest and highest quality trip possible. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
To ensure the safest and highest quality trip for all participants, Get in the Wild adheres to the following age-specific requirements:
- Ages 4 & under: No participants age 4 & under.
- Ages 5 to 6: May participate in all non-technical trips. Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Ages 7-17: May participate in all trips and courses. Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Ages 18 & above: No restrictions.
Note: Underaged participants on private trips and courses are assessed on an individual basis.
Wilderness adventures require both individual commitment and team unification. To ensure the strength and success of the team, we ask that each participant:
- Be physically and mentally fit and properly attired and equipped.
- Be honest and accurate in describing their fitness, health, skills and equipment to their guides to ensure that everyone on their team has the opportunity for a safe, fun and successful wilderness adventure.
Single-day trips require payment in full when you book. Some multi-day trips have a payment policy that requires a 50% deposit to secure your reservation. For these trips, the balance is due 60 days prior to the start of your trip. You can make payments online or by giving us a call at 818-381-WILD (9453).
Get in the Wild reserves the right to cancel or change the itinerary of a trip. In the event a trip is cancelled, your total balance will be refunded. Get in the Wild is not responsible for additional costs (for example: airline flight changes, additional hotel nights) associated with trip delays or itinerary changes.
If you need to cancel your reservation please let us know as soon as possible. Cancellation policies are as follows:
- 60 days or more prior to trip start date: full refund minus a 25% per person administrative fee.
- 59-46 days prior to trip start date: guest will be charged 50% of the deposit.
- 45-31 days prior to trip start date: guest will be charged 100% of the deposit.
- 30 days or less prior to trip start date: guest will be charged 100% of trip cost.
If you transfer from one trip to another:
- 30 days or more prior to trip start date: guest will be charged a $25 administrative fee.
- Less than 30 days prior to the trip start date: regular cancellation and refund policies will apply.
Note: We highly encourage you to consider the purchase of travel insurance. Typical policies provide coverage for trip cancellation, delay and medical expenses. Travel insurance provides the best possible protection for travel related illness, injury or delay.