What an AMAZING experience! We had never done this before but Chris was so professional and reassuring. The scenery was beautiful and the decent into the canyon was something we’ll never forget. Thanks Chris for a big checkmark on our bucket list!!!
Trade in the crowds for unmatched solitude
Learn about the desert's unique flora, fauna, and geology
Experienced and professional guides
When you’re short on time, our half-day hiking adventures are a great way to maximize your time. Hiking route options range from a casual stroll to a challenging slot canyon and everything in-between. Most of our hikes take place in seldom seen areas that are protected for solitude and possess few to no maintained trails. Your guide will share their intimate knowledge of the area’s rich history and natural wonders while you marvel at the red rock wonderland.
$99 per person | 4 hours | Snacks included
$99 per person*
Minimum day rate of $198 for solo travelers if not joining another group
March through November
Half day (4 hours)
If you have more than 10 people in your group, contact us about doing a private tour.
No previous experience required
This trip is suitable for beginners of all ages who enjoy an active, adventurous, and educational outdoor experience. Adult participants should be able to carry a pack weighing 10-20 pounds.
- Hiking: Easy hiking on well maintained trails
- Canyoneering: Easy hiking and scrambling using hands and feet for balance and support A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs
- Distances: Hike up to 2 miles
- Surfaces: Easy terrain
- Elevation Change: Little to none. Short sections of uphill travel.
- Hiking: Easy to moderate hiking
- Canyoneering: Easy to moderate hiking and scrambling using hands and feet for balance and support. A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs.
- Distances: Hike up to 3 miles
- Surfaces: Flat or rolling terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 600 ft/day
- Hiking: Moderate, off-trail hiking on rugged trails
- Canyoneering: Moderate, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope is required for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs
- Distances: Hike up to 6 miles
- Surfaces: Rolling or mountainous terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 1200 ft/day
- Hiking: Difficult, off-trail hiking on rugged, technical terrain
- Canyoneering: Difficult, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope is required for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs.
- Distances: Hike up to 10 miles
- Surfaces: Rugged, exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 3000 ft/day
- Hiking: Very difficult, off-trail hiking on rugged, technical terrain
- Canyoneering: Very difficult, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs. May require advanced canyoneering techniques including guided rappels, multi-pitch rappels, complex ropework difficult pothole escapes, and advanced problem-solving and anchor building.
- Distances: Hike up to 14 miles
- Surfaces: Extremely rugged, exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 4000 ft/day
- Expect to be around other hikers and travelers most of the time.
- Expect to have some solitude, as much as an hour at a time without seeing other groups.
- Expect several hours of solitude at a time.
- Expect to see no more than one or two groups on your trip.
- Expect to see no other hikers or travelers on your trip.
- Experienced and professional guides
- Trail snacks and refreshments
- Federal land permit fees
- Safety equipment, including a team first-aid kit and satellite messenger
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, and informative as you’d like
- Travel insurance
- Transportation to trailhead
- Gratuity for your guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear
- Sun protection
- Small backpack
- Water bottles or bladder
- Headlamp or flashlight
A full packing list will be sent upon booking.
What Lies Ahead of You
Learn about the area’s history and geology from experienced professionals
Maximize your time with our specially designed half-day adventure
Let your guide take you on a unique hike to some of Utah’s best viewpoints
Enjoy refreshing snacks in front of breathtaking landscapes
Discover the Desert
Let our guides take you on an unforgettable hiking adventure through pristine and dramatic landscapes. We offer hiking routes over a span of 6 million acres, which include Dirty Devil and Robbers Roost Wilderness, San Rafael Swell, Henry Mountains, Goblin Valley, and Capitol Reef National Park. You’ll be introduced to secret locations where you can enjoy solitude at its best.
Venture through canyons or over rolling slickrock domes to visit Ancestral Puebloan rock art, slot canyons, wildflowers, natural arches and hanging gardens. Whichever route you choose, you can count on a once-in-a-lifetime view while enjoying the provided snacks.
Get in the Wild has dozens of hiking routes to accommodate your experience and ability as well as your interests. Explore America’s distinctive and untouched wilderness with a knowledgeable
Our adventure begins with a friendly welcome from your guide who will discuss the variety of unique and seldom seen hiking options for the day’s adventure. Options include an awe-inspiring trek along the rim of a magnificent red rock canyon system as breathtaking as the Grand Canyon. Characterized by sweeping vistas of wave-like Navaho Sandstone, narrow, intricately carved slot canyons and colorful valleys, mesas and buttes make this journey a truly unique and once in a lifetime experience.
Other options include a hike through the towering cliffs and sublime canyons of the San Rafael Swell. You will visit a wild and serene landscape characterized by dramatic potholes, natural bridges, hanging gardens and Native American pictographs. Like all our hiking options, enjoy one of America’s wild and serene landscapes shaped through millennia of geologic history and untouched by human presence.
Once we decide on our hiking tour for the day, we will caravan by vehicle to the trailhead. Your guide will discuss the day’s itinerary, check everyone’s gear and provisions for the day and have a short safety discussion before setting out on our day’s adventure.
Other Important Information
We offer multiple tours in the Utah wilderness. See where we guide!
If you’ve decided to stay a little longer, take a look at our list of Utah recommendations(opens in a new tab), including the nearest towns with the best accommodation and restaurants. If you have any further questions, please get in touch with us(opens in a new tab)!
Frequently Asked Questions
No. This particular adventure is designed for beginners. We’ll teach you the ropes at the beginning, and then let you put into practice all your new skills.
Wear clothes you can move in and don’t mind if they get “worn-in” by the canyons. Make sure to bring enough layers in case of cool temperatures. For your feet, comfortable medium-weight hiking shoes or boots work best. You definitely need closed-toed shoes (no Chacos!) that you’ve worn before and broken in well.
Entrance fees and snacks are included in the price.
We are happy to include healthy, nutritious and delicious snacks on all of our outings. We typically bring a nut mix and dried fruit along with us. We welcome you to bring some snacks of your own if you’ve got something specific you’d like.
Please note: we are happy to accommodate vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free diets—just get in touch with us, and we’ll chat about your needs!
There is usually little to no signal where we tour. It’s the perfect time to unplug and truly enjoy nature! If you need to stay connected for a specific reason, please get in touch with us, and we’ll work together to get it sorted.
Have more questions? Head to our FAQ page to read more!
Our guide Logan was great! He was patient with all if us as we scrambled, climbed, repelled. The area is gorgeous, what an amazing experience for our family! Thank you and highly recommend!
This was an amazing day. The trip was informative and a lot of fun for everyone in the family. I really appreciated the time they took with our daughter who is 9 and was afraid to do the repel. They helped her over come her fear and then she had a great time too. I would highly recommend Get in the Wild Adventures. Our kids are already wanting to go back and do a full day adventure.