Our guide Logan was great! He was patient with all if us as we scrambled, climbed, repelled. The area is gorgeous, what an amazing experience for our family! Thank you and highly recommend!
Trade in the National Park crowds for unrivaled solitude
Custom itineraries to fit your experience and interests
Experience the thrill of rappelling
Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime! Developed over thousands of years by wind and water, canyons provide an endless playground to explore. These natural obstacle courses provide plenty of unique and fun challenges to overcome which may include hiking, scrambling, rappelling, down-climbing and wading. Canyoneering may sound intimidating but with the support and guidance of a professional guide, canyoneering is a family-friendly adventure.
$199 per person | 8 to 9 hours | Snacks included
$199 per person
10% discount for groups of 8 or more
*Minimum day rate of $398 for solo travelers if not joining another group
March through November
Contact us for availability from December through February.
Full day (8-9 hours)
If you have more than 10 people in your group, contact us about doing a private tour.
No previous experience required
This trip is suitable for beginners of all ages who are looking to enjoy an active, adventurous, and educational outdoor experience. Adult participants should be able to carry a pack weighing 10-20 pounds.
Varies, options available 1-3
- Hiking: Easy hiking on well maintained trails
- Canyoneering: Easy hiking and scrambling using hands and feet for balance and support A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs
- Distances: Hike up to 2 miles
- Surfaces: Easy terrain
- Elevation Change: Little to none. Short sections of uphill travel.
- Hiking: Easy to moderate hiking
- Canyoneering: Easy to moderate hiking and scrambling using hands and feet for balance and support. A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs.
- Distances: Hike up to 3 miles
- Surfaces: Flat or rolling terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 600 ft/day
- Hiking: Moderate, off-trail hiking on rugged trails
- Canyoneering: Moderate, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope is required for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs
- Distances: Hike up to 6 miles
- Surfaces: Rolling or mountainous terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 1200 ft/day
- Hiking: Difficult, off-trail hiking on rugged, technical terrain
- Canyoneering: Difficult, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope is required for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs.
- Distances: Hike up to 10 miles
- Surfaces: Rugged, exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 3000 ft/day
- Hiking: Very difficult, off-trail hiking on rugged, technical terrain
- Canyoneering: Very difficult, sustained, climbing and scrambling using hands and feet. A rope may be used for handlines, belays, rappels and lowering packs. May require advanced canyoneering techniques including guided rappels, multi-pitch rappels, complex ropework difficult pothole escapes, and advanced problem-solving and anchor building.
- Distances: Hike up to 14 miles
- Surfaces: Extremely rugged, exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
- Elevation Change: Up to 4000 ft/day
Varies, options available 4-5
- Expect to be around other hikers and travelers most of the time.
- Expect to have some solitude, as much as an hour at a time without seeing other groups.
- Expect several hours of solitude at a time.
- Expect to see no more than one or two groups on your trip.
- Expect to see no other hikers or travelers on your trip.
- Experienced and professional guides
- Canyoneering equipment
- Canyoneering and rappelling instruction
- Snacks and refreshments
- State park entrance fees
- Safety equipment, including a team first-aid kit and satellite messenger
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, and informative as you’d like
- Travel insurance
- Transportation to trailhead
- Gratuity for your guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing
- Comfortable, sturdy footwear
- Sun protection
- Small backpack
- Water bottles or bladder
- Headlamp or flashlight
A full packing list will be sent upon booking.
What Lies Ahead of You
Experience beautiful, seldom-visited canyons
Learn about rappelling and test your limits with the support of a professional guide
Customize your adventure with help from experienced professionals
Learn about the area’s unique history and and geology
Enjoy lunch and refreshments in the depths of a slot canyon
Make This Trip One for the Books!
Come and explore one of America’s most beautiful and amazing wilderness areas; a vast and extraordinary landscape of sweeping slickrock, beautifully sculpted sandstone cliffs and narrow twisting canyons that have challenged and amazed wilderness adventurers since the late 1800s.
Our full-day canyoneering tour is an exciting and adventurous way to explore these area’s hidden slot canyons that beckon adventurers from around the world. At Get in the Wild, our adventures are unique as they take us through some of the last known places to be mapped in the United States.
Our well-trained, expert guides will tailor your adventure based on your fitness and experience, individual preferences and current weather conditions. We’ll also show you some tips and tricks along the way to help build confidence and ensure a fun, safe and enjoyable day in the canyons.
Itinerary for Full-Day Canyoneering Adventure
We begin our hike with a warm welcome from your guide who will check everyone’s provisions for the day before driving to the trailhead.
With over six million acres of spectacular and awe-inspiring canyon country to explore, we have dozens of hiking options to choose from. Options include a magnificent hike through a red rock canyon system as breathtaking as the Grand Canyon. The primary difference of this canyon is that very few people know of its existence. This translates into a true wilderness journey in a canyon where solitude is actually protected, and where we rarely encounter other people.
Other unique options include a trek through an otherworldly, Mars-like landscape that makes visitors feel like they are visiting another planet. This unique and seldom-visited area is characterized by a spectacular labyrinth of colorful valleys, canyons, mesas and buttes offering intrepid hikers an incredible once in a lifetime experience.
After deciding on our hiking tour for the day, we will caravan by vehicle to the trailhead. Once there, your guide will provide you with an overview of the areas fascinating geography, geology and natural history. We’ll discuss the day’s itinerary and have a short safety discussion before setting out on our day’s adventure.
Other Important Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to have experience to do this tour?
No. This particular adventure is designed for beginners. We’ll teach you the ropes at the beginning, and then let you put into practice all your new skills.
What should I wear?
Wear clothes you can move in and don’t mind if they get “worn-in” by the canyons. Make sure to bring enough layers in case of cool temperatures. For your feet, comfortable medium-weight hiking shoes or boots work best. You definitely need closed-toed shoes (no Chacos!) that you’ve worn before and broken in well.
Should I bring cash with me for any park entrance fees? What about snacks?
Entrance fees and snacks are included in the price.
What sort of snacks do you provide?
We are happy to include healthy, nutritious and delicious snacks on all of our outings. For snacks, we typically bring a nut mix and dried fruit along with us. We welcome you to bring some snacks of your own if you’ve got something specific you’d like.
Please note: we are happy to accommodate vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free diets—just get in touch with us, and we’ll chat about your needs!
Will there be cell service available?
There is usually little to no signal where we tour. It’s the perfect time to unplug and truly enjoy nature! If you need to stay connected for a specific reason, please get in touch with us, and we’ll work together to get it sorted.
Have more questions? Head to our FAQ page to read more!
This was an amazing day. The trip was informative and a lot of fun for everyone in the family. I really appreciated the time they took with our daughter who is 9 and was afraid to do the repel. They helped her over come her fear and then she had a great time too. I would highly recommend Get in the Wild Adventures. Our kids are already wanting to go back and do a full day adventure.
We literally had a private half day tour. Chris fed us information so that we felt more comfortable with the height challenge facing us. The repelling and hike through the park were amazing. We would love to return one day to do a day long excursion with Chris.